In Christmas many countries have different traditional meals, in Amsterdam it is not the exception. Pebber Nodder is the traditional cookie of Denmark for Christmas, and it is easy to prepare.
- 1 cup of butter.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 2 eggs.
- 2 ½ cup flour.
- 1 tbsp. ground cardamom.
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon (cab is at taste).
1. Preheat the oven at 175º C
2. In a large bowl mix the sugar and butter until smooth. Beat the eggs one at the time until light and fluffy, combine the flour cardamom and cinnamon and stir into the sugar mix just until blended.
3. Divide the dough into six balls. You have to roll each ball into a dough line of about the two or three centimeters of diameter in a floured surface. Cut each dough line every 2 centimeters, put every piece of dough in an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, once the baking sheet is cool take the cookies out and wait until the cookies are completely cold.