Amsterdam offers delicious dishes but perhaps the most popular among the citizens is the potato and its different kinds of preparation, such as: boiled, fried and mashed. Here one traditional dish prepared with potato check it, and if you like it enjoy.
- 6 peel and cut potatoes.
- 455 g well drained sauerkraut.
- 1 minced onion
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Boil water in a recipient with a tablespoon of salt, and then add potatoes. Dry well, return it to the heat and then dry well again (be careful not to get burn). Mash the potatoes (put the potatoes through a ricer into a bowl). Beat in the mash potatoes and 3 tbsp of butter. Add enough cream to produce a creamy and fluffy potatoes mash.
2. Heat a saucepan on medium heat, add the remaining butter and cook the onion until soft (do not brown butter). Mix the sauerkraut with water, cover and simmer the mix for about 35 minutes, stir occasionally so the sauerkraut does not get burned. Check the water and if you need more add a little.
3. Once the water had evaporated and the sauerkraut is tender, mix it with the mashed potatoes add salt and pepper and serve hot.