The Science Center NEMO is a technology and sciencemuseum in a state-of-the-art facility. It is the largest in its kind in the Netherlands and has been shapedas a green ship moored on top a traffic tunnel. Nemo features an elevated square the best view of Amsterdamon top.
This four-story science center features
- NEMO's Wonder Lab – where visitors are encouraged to do all sorts of experiments
- Why the World Works – with interactive exhibitionsbased on magnetism, electricity, color, light andevery day physical phenomena
- Journey through the Mind – an interactive gallery based on cognition, psychology and the brain in general
- Code Name DNA – Where you can explore genetic works,find out how you will look in the future, or how you look alike your parents.
- Water Worlds – what better than the World’s Most Watery City’s science museum to show you an interactive displayof the technology behind clean water.
- Amazing Constructions – these interactive exhibitionsuse the knowledge of form and mechanics to build constructions.
- Studio Bits & Co – A large digital play areaused to experiment with building blocks and interactive multimedia like digital applications (games, websites, animations, video and audio productions).
- Teen Facts – this exhibition is based on the science behind adolescence, hormones, self-esteem, sex,brains and risk taking.
Located in 2 Oosterdok St. (next to Amsterdam Central Train Station) - 1011 VX Amsterdam.
Admission Prices: (Hong Kong Dollars)
- It opens:
- Every day: from 10am to 5pm
- It closes:
- On Mondays that are not school holidays, in June, July or August.
- On New Year’s Day, April 30 (Queensday) and December 25
- Entrance: € 12.5
- Groups (more than 15 people) €9
Admission for children under three years old is free
- Phone number: (+31) 20 531 3233
- Email: info@e-NEMO.nl